Thursday, January 2, 2020

My Current Stable

Below are photos of my personal collection - I have made significant upgrades to all of the bicycles. As always, you can click on any of the images to enlarge.


   My current "everyday bicycle" is a carbon fiber 2012 Cannondale SuperSix 5 in Liquigas team colors. The bike is super-lightweight with Shimano Ultegra and Cannondale components. Read about my motivation for acquiring this beauty hereI had an accident that buckled the original fork but found a replacement with a good color match. 



   My 1995 Vitus 992 Lotto Team bicycle features ovoid aluminum tubes bonded to aluminum lugs. I initially built the bike with a complete group of rare Mavic components but have made many changes over the years to improve its fit and performance. Blog entries about the original build start (way back) here and an article on the finished bike can be found here.




   The 2023 Bianchi Impulso Allroad has hydraulic disk brakes, and the shop from which I purchased the bike upgraded the stock parts with an FSA /Shimano GRX drivetrain. I then swapped in a Cinelli stem/bar combo, Ritchey carbon seatpost and Mavic wheels. You can read an introduction to this project here and jump ahead to some additional photos I be posting soon.




   Claude Criquielion was a favorite of mine when I first became a pro cycling fan. The Belgian star won La Flèche Wallonne in 1989, while aboard his Hitachi team Eddy Merckx Century similar to this. I've used Cinelli Criterium bars, a Selle San Marco Rolls saddle and first generation Look pedals, like Claude used, but I built up my version with Campagnolo C-Record components. More photos can be seen here.




   Only 200 of these Roger de Vlaeminck tribute frames were built by Colnago. Essentially an early-1980s Master, the frame was originally blue with white banded logos, but it now has some cable guide mods and a sort of yellow/red flame custom paint job, probably for a small pro team. Just for fun, I put a #27 card in the braze-on hanger, which is the race number worn by the Belgian legend during the last of his four Paris-Roubaix wins. The retro-modern build was done with Campagnolo and Cinelli parts. See more photos here.




   My 2008 Cervélo Soloist Carbon is in the CSC Team colors, as all-time favorite Fabian Cancellara rode this model bicycle to victory in that year's Milano-San Remo. The bike has SRAM Force drivetrain, 3T stem and fork and Zipp 30 wheels. More photos will be available in a future blog entry.




   This 2008 Pinarello Prince was a bit of a dream bike for me - a replica of the Caisse d'Epargne team machine from that year. The "Prince of Spain" bike I so love, ridden by Alejandro Valverde, would be INSANELY rare and pricey, so I settled (slightly). Unfortunately, the frame developed some issues and is now just a wall hanging in the Cycle Tech "Museum". View more photos here.




No comments :

Post a Comment