Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Going...GONE!

   As the title suggests, there wasn't even time for a second "going" in the well-known (usually baseball) phrase. I finished up the Bianchi, listed it Sunday, and it was sold Monday afternoon. I wish everything I built moved so quickly!
   Here are some photos of the completed bike during its short stay:







   This weekend the last of the parts (a brakeset and levers) arrived to complete my "French renovation" to the Vitus 992 bicycle I purchased at Christmastime. The FSA compact crankset is a compromise, since there is no Mavic counterpart, but otherwise here are the photos of the finished Mavic Machine:







   I went for a ride in the Harleysville/Souderton area with three friends on Sunday and was pleased to find an email from Bruce when I returned - the Ciöcc frameset was ready for pick-up. The white paint was a difficult match because it was yellowing with age and also because it had a pearlescent quality, but as usual, I was quite pleased with his work.
   Putting components on this frame has been a long time coming:







   We are having some unusually warm weather this week, so I am determined to finish the touch-up to the Olmo bicycle. I should have another round of multiple finished bicycle photos next time around.




No comments :

Post a Comment