Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Trying Not To Go Viral

   I don't really have a whole lot to say this time around, as the pandemic is messing with everyone's life. Before everything went south, I had a few people contact me about tune-ups and bike projects, but they (understandably, I guess) became no-shows - though I would have appreciated a call!
   My favorite time of the professional racing calendar has been decimated, as nearly all of the Classics have been cancelled. Well, some have been "tentatively postponed", but with so much of the calendar already full, I doubt there will be a place to squeeze in events. There has been talk about extending beyond the current race dates, but who knows how long this situation is going to last.
   I'm not holding my breath, though that probably is a good way to prevent getting sick!

   I did want to provide a wrap-up on Arol's Vitus 979 project. I found a nice new-old-stock Modolo "Flash" brakeset (photo below) that had anatomic gum hoods with the intent to switch them with the black versions that were included on the set I purchased for the Vitus build.


   I then found an inexpensive, yet more Flash-y (see what I did there?) version of the levers in another eBay auction. I'll put this brakeset aside for a future project.


   Finally, I found a reasonably-priced set of standard Modolo hoods to install on the spare levers, and I should be able to get a nice return on selling this NOS set.


   I'll sign off on this brief entry with photos of Arol's Sean Kelly tribute bicycle. Stay healthy everyone!









No comments :

Post a Comment