Friday, November 12, 2021

Heart Wrenching

   A couple of weeks ago, a nice gentleman took two of my bicycle projects home, as part of a trade and cash deal. The bicycle I received was a 1987 De Rosa Professional with Columbus SLX tubing and built up with Campagnolo C-Record components. Some enthusiasts may be disappointed that the legendary delta brakes are not included, but the Cobalto brakes perform much more reliably, are very much easier to set up and are pretty darn beautiful in their own right!
   I can't really nail down exactly why De Rosa steel bicycles are comparatively so expensive when considering Colnago or Pinarello products. The brand is of extremely high-quality and production numbers are perhaps slightly lower than those of its rivals, but maybe it just comes down to owners being extremely loyal - finding people willing to sell them is difficult.
   De Rosa's headtube logo is quite appropriate as my heart is in need of a little mending, after the recent death of my mother. I had referred to a "family situation" in my previous post, that being a bad fall Mom took, the subsequent hospital visits and her move to a rehabilitation facility that followed. She unfortunately did not recover well and passed away shortly after returning home.

   I'm sure you'll understand my lack of writing enthusiasm this time around - my main goal was to post photos of the De Rosa in order to promote sales of the bicycle. Give the people you love an extra hug today, and tell them "Cycle Tech" sent you!








   

No comments :

Post a Comment