Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Dog Days Already?

   Although it hasn't been unbearably warm here in southeastern PA, it has been incredibly humid for the past few days, which gets me in a bad mood. I hate that sticky feeling, and it makes riding unpleasant, since the sweat just pours off of me without really doing the cooling job it is intended to do for your body.
   Besides enjoying the Tour coverage the past few days, not a lot has been going on. A friend has expressed interest in the Guerciotti bicycle from which I took the Spinergy wheels for the Saeco-Cannondale project. We talked over the present rough frame condition and made a plan for improving its looks without ruining what is a pretty cool original paint job.


   I don't think that smoky paint style can be replicated effectively so I will completely sand down the top tube and spray paint that part white to match the rest of the frame as closely as possible. I purchased a decal of Paolo Guerciotti's autograph, so I can at least replace that top tube detail.



   There is also significant paint loss on the right side of the seat stay and on the chain stays near the bottom bracket, but I'm just going to mask everything and do a quick spot spray in black on those areas. I have to find a set of vintage wheels, but otherwise all the parts are ready for reassembly.

   In order to get as much return as possible on the "swap Pinarello" I mentioned last week, I am going to remove any non-Campagnolo parts and find replacements for them. I don't intend to do anything to the frame itself, since I've had my fill of Pinarello repaint projects for the time being.

   Last week I also promised more photos of the Cannondale "Black Lightning" bicycle after I added the finishing touches. I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin around Stone Harbor in a couple of weeks.











2 comments :

  1. That Cannondale sure is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Cannondale! Glen, I've been following you for about a year from near Reading. You've inspired a couple little projects of my own. jjnagle21@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete